Fall is definitely my FAVE fashion season! I just LOVE being able to layer and not have the outside temps be bitter cold. There’s TONS of layering options like cardigans, jackets, blazers, sweaters and button ups just to name a few. I also LOVE the rich hues associated with Fall like deep wines and mustard yellows.
There are certain pieces I consider to be Fall Essentials I HAVE to have in my closet. In today’s post, I’m going to share those with you.
1. Plaid – Plaid is one of my FAVE prints for Fall. I feel like it SCREAMS Fall. Red plaid is my most favorite, but there are literally TONS of plaid options to choose from.
2. Chambray Button Up – Chambray is a staple for me any time of year, but especially in the Fall. It’s a perfect layering piece and can be found in many shades and can even have prints.
3. Basic Tee – A tee is great for layer under your other Fall Essentials. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. I prefer my to be loose fitting.
4. Fall Hues – As I said before, I LOVE the hues of Fall. My most FAVE is mustard yellow. Plus this cardigan is great for Fall layering.
5. Chunky Watch – A watch is a must for me and my favorite is a big chunky one like this boyfriend style watch.
6. Statement Necklace – If you only have one accessory, I recommend a statement necklace. Accessories are what complete an outfit and pull it all together. A statement necklace is the easiest accessory to do this with because it’s front and center of your outfit.
7. Olive Pants – Olive colored pants are a neutral so they’ll go with pretty much anything. They’re also a great alternative to your basic denim jean.
8. Dark Wash Denim – Dark Wash Denim can be dressed up or down so it can pretty much take you anywhere.
9. Brown Boots – Boots are not only essential to keep your feet warm and dry, but brown can be styled with anything.
10. Scarf – A scarf is both fashionable and functional. It can add visual interest to your outfit and help keep you warm in chilly weather.
P.S. I’ll be sharing how to create 20 Fall outfits out of these 10 Fall Essentials, so be sure to check back soon!
Plaid Button Up – Old Navy; Polka Dot Chambray, Boots – Poshmark; Basic Tee – Gap; Cardigan, Scarf – Bella Me; Olive Pants – Alloy; Denim Jeans – DownEast (only available in the Home and Clothing stores); Watch, Necklace – mark