I’ve decided to shake things up a bit and start sharing a few of my OTHER “Sweet Obsessions” on my blog with a sprinkling here and there. And since Christmas is just around the corner, I’ve decided to start with my obsession of making yummy deliciousness for my family. So to start off, I’m sharing a recipe for Pumpkin Dump Cake I saw on Facebook a few month’s back and have since made it several times for my family. It’s the PERFECT Christmas day treat cuz it’s so YUMMY and so Easy to make! I did tweak it just slightly though because I didn’t like that the original recipe only called for cinnamon as the spice and I didn’t think it was quite sweet enough either. So I switched up the cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice (plus added one more teaspoon) and added a lil more sugar! The result is all the yumminess of a pumpkin pie with A LOT less work!
So here goes!!!!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 (29 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- (optional) 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Spread pumpkin mixture in prepared baking dish. Mixture will be very wet.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top of the batter. If adding pecans, sprinkle them over the cake mix. Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix. Bake 50 minutes
- Cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.
Me and my hubby are the only ones who like the pecans, so I only put them on half the cake. That way it reserves a WHOLE HALF a cake for us!!!!
I like to make REAL whipped cream to top ours with. I’m just NOT a big fan of the fake, oily stuff (ehum, Cool Whip). And it’s actually really easy to make and tastes SO much better! So if you want to give it a try too, here’s that recipe too! P.S. I usually double it.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
In a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with chilled beaters of a electric mixer on medium speed till soft peaks form. Makes 2 cups.